The compact PIXMA MG4220 Wireless Inkjet Picture All-In-One has functions that make it a simple choice for the informed consumer. Built-in Wi-Fi ® 9 technology enables you to quickly print as well as scan wirelessly, from practically anywhere around your home. Built-in AirPrint10 compatibility permits you to print right from your iPhone, iPad and also iPod touch wirelessly and with generally no arrangement! Print stunning, indeterminate images in the house as much as 8.5″ x 11″ size with an optimum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi1, and also the benefit and high quality of Canon FINE ink cartridges.
In spite of being one of Canon’s image inkjet MFPs, which is generally associated with being a home-oriented printer, the Canon Pixma MG4220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One is just as suitable for an office, in a definitely low-end type of way. It does not supply any kind of office-centric functions like a fax capability or an automatic file feeder (ADF), however offered its better-than-average text quality, it’s an excellent option for light-duty home office printing. Furthermore, its Wi-Fi capacity makes it easy to share, which in turn makes it a possibly excellent fit in the twin function of house as well as office printer.
The Pixma MG4220 is simple to establish through Wi-Fi or USB. The control panel, unfortunately, is still not so simple to utilize. On this version, Canon continues its practice of positioning three switches under the LCD (a 2.5-incher on the Pixma MG4220) to do particular activities, as opposed to allowing you use the completely sufficient four-way arrow control as well as OKAY switch. Hopping to and fro amongst all the switches is both pointless as well as annoying. Fairly, the software is a model of performance, and the new quick menu for usual tasks is easy on the eye.
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Review Specs
- Print Speed (up to); 4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds1, Black:ESAT (Black) Approx. 9.9 ipm4, Color:ESAT (Color) Approx. 5.7 ipm4
- Number of Nozzles; Color: 1,152 / Black: 640 / Total: 1,792
- Picoliter Size (color); 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to); Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi2, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi2
- Paper Sizes; 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility; Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- Printer Features; AirPrint, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing9, Calendar Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print5, Fun Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link, Template Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing, Evernote
- Output Tray Capacity; Auto Sheet Feeder: 100 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to); FCOT(Color) Approx. 20 seconds3
- Copy Features; 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom
Canon PIXMA MG4220 OS Compatible;
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® ,
- Windows XP and Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x9
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Setup For Windows:
- For the start, you will need to prepare all of the things that you need such as the laptop, the printer, the USB cable that connects the printer to the laptop, and also the CD driver.
- Make sure the USB cable is compatible with the USB slot in your laptop.
- If you lost the CD driver, then you can simply download the installation files from the website.
- Make sure you download the one that suit your printer model.
- Once you have prepared all of those things, you just need to simply run the installation setup program that you already have, from the CD driver or from the files that you downloaded.
- The next thing that you need to do is waiting for the whole process to be finished.
- During this time, you will be asked to pick some options such as the components, the installation locations, your name, and some other things.
- Make sure you fill the options correctly.
- Once the installation wizard is finished, your printer is ready to go. You need to start printing a page to make sure that the printer has been successfully installed.
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Setup For Mac:
- Procedures for the download and installation
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
Canon Pixma MG4220 Wireless Setup:
- Make sure that the printer Canon MG4220 is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi ] button on the top of the printer until the orange alarm lamp flashes once and then release it.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi button starts to flash blue and then go to your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.
- Press and hold the Cancel Button, button until the orange alarm lamp flashes 15 times and then release it. The network information page will be printed.
- This concludes the WPS setup procedure.
- Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG4220.
- If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, please download the manuals and software.
- If the Canon MG4220 wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact us for further assistance.
Canon PIXMA MG4220 Software and Driver Download:
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series Mini Master Setup
(Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02
(Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 18.104.22.168 (OS X 10.5/10.6)|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.0.0b (Mac))|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG4220 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.00 for Linux (Source file)|